The original Fender ’65 Delux Reverb is a 22W all valve amplifier with no less than 9 valves. It has recently been reissued by Fender so the original amp is still availible today but its sound can now also be produced with the Boss FDR-1. Working with Fender, Boss has modelled the original amp and launched the FDR-1 together with the FBM-1 as the first pedals in the new ‘legend series’ of stompboxes.
The original amp has a normal and a vibrato input while the FDR-1 has only one input. The amp’s controls are Volume, Bass, Treble, Reverb, Vibrato Speed and Vibrato Intensity. The FDR-1 has the same controls except it has an additional gain control. The Vibrato speed does not have a separate knob on the FDR-1 but is instead controlled using tap tempo.
- Controls: Level, Gain, Treble, Bass, Vibrato, Reverb
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 40 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 440 g (1 lb.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 2.2kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The FDR-1 was sold from January 2007 to present.