The LM-2 suppresses the peak of the input signal, retaining a certain dynamic range. Adopting a high quality VCA , the LM-2 allows little tone quality deterioration and low noise. The high-speed envelope detecting circuits enable natural limiting effect. With the use of the Tone Control, the Limiter can create a wide variety of sounds. The limiter was mainly used by bass players and this is why all later limiters have been bass effects.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Release, Threshold
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 12 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400g/0.88 lbs.
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Residual Noise Level: Less than -100dBm (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
The LM-2 was sold from March 1987 to December 1992.