This COSM modeller has been made by Boss in cooperation with Fender. The legendary ’59 Bassman amp is here emulated using COSM modelling. Instead of adding many models into one unit like the OD-20, Boss has created a stompbox with a single amp model. By doing this the controls resembles the original more closely and are easier to use. The only difference between the controls on the original Bassman and the FBM-1 is that the Bassman had separate volume controls for the bright and normal channel while the FBM-1 is using the same volume control for both channels. The FBM-1 also has an additonal gain control that the original never had.
Compared to any other Boss pedal, the FBM-1 stands out. It is the only pedal featuring a brown stomp plate and it has a textured finish reminiscent of the original ’59 Bassman amp. The model designation is not silk screened on like it normally is but is instead printed on a glued-on plate. Boss states that the FBM-1 together with the FDR-1 is part of the ‘legend series’.
- Controls: Level, Gain, Treble, Middle Bass, Presence
- Connectors: Input, Bright In, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 36 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 440 g (1 lb.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 2.2kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The FBM-1 was sold from January 2007 to present.