Boss SYB-3 Bass Synthesizer
The SYB-3 is the first bass synthesizer in a compact floor pedal design. Touch a string on the bass once and the SYB-3 can generate an endless synthesizer sound. The SYB-3 doesn’t necessarily have to be used with a bass guitar. A guitar works too but it is perhaps even more effectful when connected to a drum machine or metronome.
- 11 different modes for various synthesizer bass sounds.
- Internal Sound Modes (1-7) – Uses input bass sound as a trigger to control built-in oscillator.
- Wave Shaping Modes (8,9) – Processes input bass sound to create synth bass sound.
- T Wah Modes (10,11) – Adds auto wah effects to the original bass sound.
- Decay/Sens. knob adjusts decay time of synthesizer sound (Mode 1-7) and sensitivity of direct sound (Mode 8-11)
- Freq. and Res. knobs control cutoff frequency and resonance
- Effect and Direct knobs allow for independent level adjustment of synthesizer and direct sounds
- Two outputs (A and B) individually output synth and direct sounds
- Hold function sustains synth sound, allowing bassists to play over the “held” sound
- Controls: Effect/Direct, Freq/Res, Sens, Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, Outputs (A/Mono, B), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 80 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 430 g (1 lb.)
- A/D Conversion: 19-bit AF Method
- D/A Conversion: 16-bit linear
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Pink – Made In Taiwan
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The SYB-3 was sold from August 1996 to 2001.