Boss SL-20 Slicer
The Slicer effect was first found in the GT-6 Guitar Processor. The slicer interupts the sound to create the impression that a rhythm backing phrase is being played. The way the signal is interrupted is based on a slice pattern where the user has 50 different ones to choose from.
- Instant groove and “Harmonic Slicer” percussive-melody generator
- 50 Slice patterns onboard, with adjustable attack and duration, including Harmonic Slice
- Tap Tempo via onboard pedal switch; internal and MIDI sync
- Sound characteristics such as attack, duration, effect level, and direct level are controllable via external Expression pedal
- Variety of output modes, including the unique 3D Panning for spacious sliced FX
- 40 seconds loop recording time
The SL-20 Slicer was launched March 2008.