Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay
The PS-3 contains both a pitch-shifter and a delay. There is seven pitch shift modes, and three delay modes as well as an expression mode. The pitch shift level is selectable in 26 steps – 24 chromatic steps over a +/- 1 octave range plus 2-octave up-down capability. The delay is up to a maximum of 2000 ms just like the DD-5.
- Delay, 32ms – 125ms
- Delay, 125ms – 500ms
- Delay, 500ms – 2000ms
- Detune, adds a slightly pitch-shifted sound to the input sound to create a detune effect
- Fast Pitch Shift, very little delay in pitch shifted sound. Good for slightly shifted sounds.
- Slow Pitch Shift, more delay in pitch shifted sound but very accurate. Good for greatly shifted sounds.
- Inverse Pitch Shift, a mode where the pitch shifted sounds are reversed
- Detune & Detune, adds two slightly pitch shifted sounds to the input signal to create a fat detuned effect.
- Detune & Pitch Shift, detune output from Output A and Pitch Shifted sound from Output B
- Pitch Shift & Pitch Shift, Pitch shifted sounds from both output. Pitch A controls Output A and Ptch B controls Output B
- Expression, A connected expression pedal will set the pitch shift between Pitch A and Pitch B
- Controls: Balance, Feedback, Pitch, 11-way Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, Expression Pedal, Output A, Output B, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 70 mA (DC 9V)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Pink – Made In Taiwan
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The PS-3 was sold from March 1994 to January 1999.