Boss PH-1r Phaser
This was an updated version of the original PH-1. It had an additonal “Resonance” knob (feedback control) to increase the tonal variations. This is a 4 stage phaser like the PH-1 and its biggest competitor at the time, the MXR Phase 90. It can create an wide array of different tones.
The earlierst versions the P in PH-1R was located under the s in Phaser. Later the font was slightly changed and the P was then found under the e i Phaser. This change happened around serial number 14xx00. The early PH-1R’s with 4 digit serial numbers had a silver thumb screw instead of the later black screw.
- Controls: Rate, Resonance, Depth
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 11 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400 g (.88 lbs)
- Input Impedance: 470kOhm
- Signal/Noise Ratio: Over 90dB (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: Over 10kOhm
- LFO Speed: 100 ms ~ 16 s
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
The PH-1r was sold from October 1980 to May 1985.