Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
The MT-2 is the metal pedal that followed the HM-2. It was released a couple of years before the HM-3 and was an instant success. It is one of the best selling Boss pedals of all time. The Metal Zone produces a distortion that is a bit smoother than the HM-2 and HM-3. In addition to the LEVEL and DIST controls it’s got a 3 band sweepable parametric equalizer that gives complete control over the MT-2’s tonal spectre.
There are 3 main versions of the MT-2. The opamps used have changed over time and the colour of the text has changed slightly.
- Version 1: All chips M5218AL, text colour orange
- Version 2: IC1,2,4 M5218AL and IC3 NJM4558L, text colour orange with “more blue”
- Version 3: IC1,2,4 NJM14558L and IC3 NJM4558L, text colour orange with “more blue”
- Controls: Level, Equalizer (Low, Middle, High), Dist.
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 20 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 410 g (15 oz.)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The MT-2 was sold from March 1991 to present.