Boss GE-7 Equalizer
With the availability of slimmer slide potentiometers, the GE-7 was released 1981. It’s got the same frequency bands as the GE-6 as well as one additional band at 6.4kHz. There is also a level control that you can use to set the difference of level between on and off mode for the pedal. Each band can be boosted or cut by 15dB. The GE-7 can also be used as a gain booster.
The GE-7 has been in continous production since 1981. A few components, like the TL022 opamps, have been replaced in this time but the original design is still the same. GE-7 production moved from Japan to Taiwan, early 1992. It was modified for the PSA adapter 1997 and has since then been fitted with a silver bottom label.
- Controls: 7 Band Graphic Equalizer + level control
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 7 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 450g. (1lb.)
- Equalizer: 100 Hz, 200 Hz, 400 Hz, 800 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 6.4 kHz
- Level Control: +/-15 dB per band
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series (black label) or PSA Series (silver label)
- Black – Made In Japan
- Black – Made In Taiwan
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The GE-7 was sold from July 1981 to present.