Boss GE-6 Graphic Equalizer
The GE-6 was Boss’s competitor to MXR’s popular M-109 6 band equalizer. The GE-6 has 6 bands with frequencies 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 Hz. Each band can be boosted or cut by 15dB. The GE-6’s center frequency is 800Hz compared to the MXR’s 1kHz. This frequency was chosen because this is where it makes the most changes to the sound of a guitar. The other frequncies are set at octave steps from the center frequency.
- Controls: 6 Band Graphic Equalizer
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 7 mA (DC 9V)
- Equalizer: 100 Hz, 200 Hz, 400 Hz, 800 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
The GE-6 was sold from January 1978 to June 1981.